Google and Compete published research in July, regarding apparel shoppers in the U.S., and found that:
- 2012 will be the first year that apparel sales are more influenced by online channels that offline
- 26% of apparel shoppers use social media to research a purchase
- 28% use online reviews
- 23% use video sharing (e.g., YouTube)
- The only offline channels that beat online channels were Catalogs and Sales Circulars
- 69% of apparel shoppers use their mobile to shop at home; ~30% shop via mobile while shopping in a store, or waiting in line
Thanks to MarketingZeus for the infographic! Really well done, in my humble opinion.